By: Valentine Adese (JP) and Naomi Paul,
The Joint Union of Plateau State Owned Tertiary Institutions (JUPTI) has called on members of the public and well-meaning Plateau people to intervene and see that the Plateau State Government pays the existing retirees their 24 months Pension Arrears.
The Union, which made this call in a press conference this morning, at the Plateau State NUJ press center also, called on the public to intervene and make the Government resolve all lingering issues in the educational institutions in order to create a better environment for learning.
Other unresolved issues in the tertiary institutions according to the text presented by Comrade, Sunoe Peter Longbaam, the Chairman of JUPTI include:
- None release of 25% TSA withheld funds totaling N460million to Tertiary Institutions.
- None Implementation of the peculiar allowance as contained in the Agreement for the implementation of CONTEDISS.
- Deconsolidation of salary structure of tertiary institutions by the state Ministry of Finance.
- Continues withholding of salary deductions by the Plateau State Government.
- And, failure to enrolled couple(s) on their couple’s volition by the Director General of PLASCHEMA.
According to the Chairman, the union members have been on strike within the past two weeks, as a result of the bridge of agreements signed with the state government on 14th June, 2019 and 29th June, 2021, respectively.
“As a matter of fact, up till this moment, none of these agreements has been honoured by Government”. Comrade Peter lamented.