By: Valentine Adese (JP),
From a frank view, Crispan Hotel in Rayfield, Plateau State is a classic and a direct replica of standard Hotels that can be found in any other cities like, Lagos, Port-Harcourt or the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja.
The Hotel has all the known first class facilities that would make a customer “feel at home, out of home”, and accompanied by the level of service delivery by the Hotel’s recruited professional staff, words cannot express the pleasure.
The Conference Halls in the Hotel and the space it has to accommodate huge numbers of cars, brings to mind, more of tourist attraction to the state.
The projected huge capital outlay for the project on the other hand, has attracted more of finger pointing to detect its rightful owner.
Many are of the opinion that, no other person than the class of a Minister, Governor or a Military General (serving or retired) would own Crispan Hotel.
Others are of the opinion that, no other person than the Governor of Plateau State, Rt. Hon. Simon Bako Lalong, would own such edifice and business, especially, with the economic and financial challenges been faced in the state and the country at large.
Investigation by REALITY reveals that, most visitors to the Hotel lately, only come to see and then package their disappointments, displeasure and insults on Governor Lalong.
Many have also question what value the business (Hotel) is adding to the masses in the state and the country at large, if actually it is owned by the state Governor.
The climax of these suspicions and assumptions came with the Constitutional Review Exercise recently conducted by members of the upper Chambers of the National Assembly at the Hotel.
For a fact, the exercise attracted the, “who- is- who” on the Plateau, among several others across the 17 Local Government Areas (LGAs) of the state and then, the rumour began to fly.
This caused REALITY, to dive deeper into investigating the untold stories surrounding “Crispan Hotel”.
However, for the level of insecurity and kidnappings in the state and the country at large, this paper has decided to keep away names from this publication.
The investigation reveals that:
- The huge land space, on which the Hotel is built, was bought or acquired by the owner of Crispan Hotel, over Four years ago from its owner.
- The land was bought below, Five Hundred Million Naira (Documents Available).
- The Hotel was contracted to, designed and built by Three (3) blood brothers. One is an Architect. The second, a trained Engineer and the third, a bricks builder (Blocks) and dealer on building materials.
- The Three of them have built houses for several top personalities in the country. REALITY can authoritatively state.
- The owner of Crispan, is rich in Dollars, Pounds and Naira, to the tune of Billions and that, this Hotel in Plateau State, Rayfield, is one among the Seven (7) Crispan Hotels he has across the country of such standard, excluding abroad.
- Treasure INN, which is now enveloped in the new structure, was bought with close to N250 Million some years ago from its owner, Jossy, years back.
- The Hotel is adding value to the state, looking at its staff strength and the attraction of visitors it is currently pulling.
- The Hotel is estimated to have cost close to N2.1 Billion at the state it is right now.
- The investigation sought to find out how the Governor of Plateau State, Rt. Hon. Simon Bako Lalong can pull out such capital outlay, from the state’s sources of finance, especially, with the knowledge that the state budget is annually running on deficit.
- MORE DETAILS TO COME….!