By: Valentine Adese (JP) and Reuben Egbah,
Gamai Unity and Development Organization (GUDO), has passed Vote of Confidence on the Governor of Plateau state, Rt. Hon. Simon Bako Lalong, for his achievements in the past three and half years and his ability to maintain peace in the state.
GUDO, in a press briefing today at the NUJ Press Center Jos, led by its President, Barr. Theodore Bala Maiyaki, flanked by other EXCOs of GUDO, also expressly stressed the Organization’s firm support for Lalong/Tyoden team in their re-election bid.
Not limiting the support to the Gamai people alone, the President, Barr. Maiyaki said, “GUDO is calling out loudly on all Plateau People to come out en mass to support and re-elect Governor Simon Bako Lalong for a second four-year tenure.
“GUDO also calls out to other Socio-Cultural Organizations, Friends of Gamai, Ethno religious groups, the organized private sector, various interest groups, Labour Unions, Student organizations and groups, Pressure groups, Women and Youth organizations, to come out en masse to equally support our endorsement of Governor Lalong in his re-election bid and to engender peaceful co-existence, cooperation and development of Plateau State.
You would recall that Gamai Unity and Development Organization (GUDO), is the Socio-cultural platform of the Gamai people and it is responsible for preserving, promoting and facilitating the unity, wellbeing, welfare and the development of the people.
Explaining these responsibilities during the press conference, Barr. Theodore Maiyaki said, “We are the conscience of our people. We protect and defend the interest of our people, as well as, serve as the platform for promoting a seamless and simulated race relationship, including, engagement between our people and other ethnic nationalities in Plateau state and the country at large”.
Concerning the achievements of Governor Lalong, GUDO holds that the administration of Rt. Hon. Simon Bako Lalong, (being one of their illustrious sons) has been overwhelming as he has been able to execute and complete so many projects of sustainable impact in the state, among which are:-
- Restoration of peace and security
- The policy of continuity and inclusiveness
- Completion of many projects abandoned by the previous government.
- Prompt payment of workers’ salaries and retirement benefits.
- Numerous legacy projects around the state.
- Potato value chain rated as the best in Africa.
- Construction of township roads in the state.
- Full accreditation of courses at the Plateau State University Bokkos.
- Manpower development and other skills acquisition programs.
- Upgrading of Traditional Institutions.
- Employment of over 3000 Teachers to improve the state’s educational resource base.
- The upgrading and renovation of College of Art, Science and Remedial Studies (CARST) Kurgwi, Quaan Pan LGC.